Pratham Books is a not-for-profit children's book publisher that was set up in 2004 to publish good quality, affordable books in many Indian languages. Our mission is to see ‘a book in every child’s hand’ and we have spread the joy of reading to millions of children in India. We are now looking to expand out Outreach Team to make our impact wider and are on a lookout for a passionate individual based out of our Delhi office.
Image by Sonal Gupta from 'Why Does a Poori Puff Up?'
About the Project
StoryWeaver is a digital platform that hosts children’s stories in multiple Indian and international languages, so that children have access to reading resources in their mother tongues to learn and practice reading. All the stories are available under open licences and not only can they be read for free, they can also be translated or versioned, using simple tools embedded on the platform. StoryWeaver is being recognized as an emerging innovation that can transform the early literacy reader ecosystem globally. Recently, StoryWeaver was featured in the World Bank's report on 20 innovative EdTech projects from around the world, and was also the recipient of the prestigious Library of Congress Literacy Award 2017 International Prize.
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager who can forge strategic partnerships to facilitate the use of StoryWeaver’s digital resources with organizations that have programs which promote reading and learning among children, specifically in the North and East of India.
The Manager will be responsible for strategizing and executing plans to increase the user base of StoryWeaver and also provide the necessary training and support to the partner network and work closely with internal stakeholders
• Identify potential partners and strategize, design and execute plans to onboard them as StoryWeaver users.
• Create and execute robust work plans for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual goals including specific targets.
• Build and nurture networks of partners working in the field of Education/ with Children / Ed-Tech.
• Provide training and support to the partner network.
• Provide information and feedback to the internal team based on partner feedback and essentially be a bridge between the internal and external stakeholders
• Help with research and documentation for impact assessment
• Plan, execute and own book/event specific campaigns, on-ground events and CSR volunteering activities.
• Help build strategy for the function, contribute in new ideas for both the function and platform.
• A Post Graduate Degree preferably in Marketing and Management
• 3 to 5 years work experience in Sales, Marketing, Outreach, Partnerships or related areas.
• Experience in a programmatic function in the development sector (preference for experience in Education)
• High level Communications Skills :- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Organisation/Time Management Skills – Planning, working systematically & efficiently and keeping information organized and accessible
• Project management skills – Multi-tasking and prioritising, planning and organizing, perseverance, working with multiple teams that are interdependent, ability to work with timelines and targets.
• Ability to gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports and documents
• Experience in classrooms and/or working with Education Orgs
Good to have
• Ability to network and make connections
• Interest in books, education and publishing.
• Should be open to travel
Location: This role is based out of Delhi and is full-time.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send in their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Partnerships Manager_North and a short note outlining why they are suitable for this position.Be the first to comment.
This position has been filled! Do keep following us on Social Media for updates on other job openings.
You’re reading about this position because you believe in the power of content - good content. Similarly, at Pratham Books, we believe in the power of stories – good stories. For well over a decade we have strived hard to reach children across India with a variety of award-winning stories across 18 Indian languages. With our digital crowd-sourcing platform – StoryWeaver we now share the power of stories with a global community of educators, parents, authors, illustrators and translators.
About the role
Pratham Books is looking for a dynamic individual for the position of Content Manager (StoryWeaver). A self-motivated individual with experience and skills in curating content from multiple sources, forging strategic partnerships and anchoring the process of migrating content to the platform. The person will lead a team and be responsible for timely execution to expand the content available on the platform to serve the needs of children globally. The role will report to the Head of Digital Initiatives and will work closely with different internal and external stakeholders. This is a full time position based out of Bengaluru.
The individual will be responsible for all the following
Programme Management & Design
Liaison with co-collaborators & internal stakeholders:
Nice to have but not mandatory
Location: Position is based out of Bangalore and is full-time.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience. We are looking for a passionate individual who wants to be part of a team that is creating a new model in multilingual publishing to address the scarcity of books for children in need.
Interested candidates can email their resume to email@example.comBe the first to comment.