Contest extended till May 10, 2019
Welcome to the 2019 edition of Retell, Remix and Rejoice, StoryWeaver’s annual storytelling contest. Every year, on World Storytelling Day, we invite our community to join us and celebrate stories by hosting the Retell, Remix and Rejoice contest. And this year you can let your creative juices flow in 10 languages. More languages. More original stories for everyone to enjoy.
This year our focus remains on Level 1 and Level 2 books for our early readers, with stories that reflect their lives and the world around them. The themes have been handpicked by our editors.
Themes for this year
Family, friends and neighbourhood stories: Stories that explore children’s relationships with family, friends, and even pets as well as their home environments and neighbourhoods.
Funny stories: Themes that use humour to tell a story and promise to make you laugh.
Sports stories: Football, cricket, gilli danda — stories that involve playing a sport and the community around it. Know of an inspirational sports person who deserves his or her story? We are listening!
School stories: Life in a school, friendships in school, teachers, time spent in school and even lunchtime in school!
For this year’s edition, we’re asking you to be as creative as you can and convey as much as you can – using as few words as possible. Use our reading level guidelines as you create your stories.
Regional languages first
Through the contest our aim is to promote original stories in English, Bengali, French, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi, Tamil, Spanish and Urdu. If you have an original story to tell in your language then we are all ears. We want to discover writing talent in the above mentioned languages and you could be one of our stars.
The win-win situation
Three finalists will win a hamper of books plus a one-on-one editorial feedback session with one of our editors. One grand finalist will win the chance to have his or her book re-illustrated!
Guidelines for submission
1. The contest runs from March 20 2019 to April 20, 2019.
2. All stories submitted must be your original work.
3. Stories must be in English, Bengali, French, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi, Tamil, Spanish and Urdu.
4. Participants must be over the age of 18 to participate.
5. By submitting your work to Retell, Remix and Rejoice 2019, you are agreeing to a CC-BY 4.0 license being applied to it. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. To know more about CC-BY 4.0, click here.
6. Terms and conditions apply. All final decisions rest with StoryWeaver. For more read here.
For any queries, do write to us at email@example.com
How to enter
Note: You will have to sign up or log in first to access the contest page on StoryWeaver.
You can enter the Retell, Remix and Rejoice contest page, by clicking on the button below.
All the best!